Flapjack on the Braai/BigGreenEgg
Well the weathers changed in the UK and I suspect the summer is nearly over but it’s not time to put your braai away yet! This week I’m making something special for Paul and Suzie who requested this recipe from Jan, especially after trying it at my place a couple of weeks ago over a cup of coffee. This is a great afternoon snack that’s almost good for you but will definitely make you smile. You don’t need to do this on the braai but it’s fun if you do and you will get that nutty wood taste as an extra bonus.
SERVES 4-6: PREP: 5MINS: COOK TIME: 25MINS
- 170g x Butter melted
- 85g x Demerara sugar
- 225g x Porrige Oats
- 100g x Seed Mix (pumkin, sunflower, linseed and seasame)
- 120ml x Golden Syrup (I used Illovo from back home)
Method how to prepare flapjack:
- Preheat the Braai (oven) to 190°C (375°F)
- Melt the butter in a pan.
- Add the sugar and surup and mix together.
- Stir in the seeds and porrige oats and give it a good mix.
- Pour into a 20cm x 30cm x 3cm greaced baking tin and press down hard with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 25mins on the top shelf, until it goes golden brown.
- Cut into squares whilst its still hot and leave to cool.
This is such a quick and easy recipe but man it’s the best flapjack you will find around. Just make yourself a cup of coffee and sit down to a great afternoon snack, give it a try and let us know if you agree. It's healthy but not slimming so don’t get carried away and eat to much as I did!
Have a great weekend, best regards Larry.